Monday, January 6, 2014

2014, the Year of Enuf

2014, the year of E.N.U.F. As in, “Explicitly No Unestablished Fads”. Because I’ve had enough of spending a bazillion dollars on things I didn’t really get into, and am sick of wasting my energy dreaming of my awesomeness at things I’ve never really spent time on. So this is it, line in the sand, I’m just going to keep on keeping on at the things I’m already doing. Maybe I’ll finish up some projects, maybe I’ll throw away some things I’ll finally let go of my guilt over. Maybe I’ll even come to some peace with my place in the world and no longer leap onto fads as though they’re my only hope. I have enough. It’s a really good thing to remember: I have enough. I have enough financial resources, enough connections, enough intelligence, enough time, and enough health. The only question for me in 2014 is do I have the discipline to make it work, or am I simply going to keep searching for the next thing that will give me ‘more’?




Happy 2014, and I hope you too find yourself in the situation of having enough, with serenity.


Cheers,
Sarah

Btw, if you're wondering how I can be employed in HR, and write about HR - here's my explanation.


If you'd like to chat some more, I'd love to see you at the #ozhr tweetchat that happens on Thursdays at 7pm Sydney time. This week we're talking all about emails, and whether it's really HR's friend in documentation, or foe in stunting relations. Check out the details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...