Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Interview Tip: Tuck Away the Family Jewels


"Mmm shiny things - I want! Lucky bitch! I hate you!" 
The thoughts going through my mind as I try to listen to someone talking about themselves while a huge sparkly diamond winks at me from their finger.

My rings are a safety blanket, so taking them off before an interview would unnerve me. So no, my tip isn't to take off your big shinies.



My tip: twist around the ring, so the jewels are tucked into your palm and the plain (or plainer band in the case of those lucky gals with a diamond encrusted band) is shown to the interviewer. The interviewer might notice it, but probably not if you're hands are kept still.

Interviews are about likability. Don't make the HR lady who couldn't get a proposal from her long time partner if she paid him (ahem) to stare at your beautiful jewelry - you got an interview with your written word, now wow her with your spoken word!



Cheers,
Sarah

Btw, if you're wondering how I can be employed in HR, and write about HR - here's my explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...