Friday, August 17, 2012

What's It All About Al-Friday?

You know - what's it all about Alfie?


Why do we do what we do? Why do we go to work? Why do we practice HR?

Lots of important questions that I'll answer on Fridays, as a reminder at the end of the traditional work week of why we are working, and what our life is really all about, before entering the weekend.

Firstly, how about starting with the author herself?

On Wednesday, I shared with you how I got into HR, but why do I work? Why don't I just stay a student and mooch off social welfare?

I work because I like alcohol and chocolate and spending on crap that it's just way too tiresome to wait around for man to buy me - and social welfare doesn't really provide for that kind of thing. So $$$ is why I started work, and maybe some feminism too. Well an accomplished girl of this day doesn't just become a stay at home wife, does she? Anyway, I worked in the family business since forever, but had my first real proper job at Subway when I was 14.

And there you have it Alfie, I do this all because I love the dollars, and I started as a Sandwich Artist. Yes, my career is the epitome of glamour.

And you friends? Not just why do you do what you do, but why do you work at all? What's it all about for you?


Cheers,
Sarah

Btw, if you're wondering how I can be employed in HR, and write about HR - here's my explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...